Serving: 1 person
- 2 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread (I used Eureka Saaa- Wheat Organic Bread)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lime
- 1 pice of Chicken Breast
- Garlic Powder
- Red Chili Flakes
- 1/2 Zucchini
- 1/4 Red Onion
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Tomato
- 1 tbspn Grape Seed Oil
- A1 Sauce Bold & Spicy ( look for one without corn syrup because I didn’t realize that A1 sauce had corn syrup when I used it. You can substitute with Tabasco Sauce and teriyaki sauce mixed together)
- 1 Small Pinch of Cheese
1. Toast your bread (I toasted mine in a Panini Press)
2. Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Cook the chicken breast on a large skillet with 1/2 tablespoon of grape seed oil. If the chicken does not detach easily from the pan, the chicken is not ready to be flipped. Leave the chicken alone. The chicken breast should not stick to skillet. Each side should cook for approximately 2-3 minutes. Once cooked, place aside.
4. On the same skillet you cooked the chicken, put the other 1/2 tablespoon of grapeseed oil and cook julienned onion and green bell pepper. Cook bell pepper and onion until onion becomes translucent. Slice the tomatoes in half and cook each half until it is soft. Slice zucchini into rectangles, season all of these veggies with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Once all cooked, set aside.
5.In a small bowl smash avocado. Season with salt, pepper, lime juice, and red chili flakes. Mix together, place aside as well.
6. Now that all your components for your sandwich are ready, you can begin to assemble. On both slices of the toasted bread spread smashed avocado along with the small pinch of shredded cheese on only one of the slices. On top of the cheese, place the cooked onion and bell pepper. The heat of the cooked vegetable will melt the cheese. Then top with the soft tomato, zucchini slices, chicken strips, and your choice of an alternative to A1 Sauce. Top off with other slice. There. You are done!