- 1 loaf of Whole wheat/ Ciabatta bread (I buy mine at Portos Bakery)
- 1/4 Red Onion
- Handful of Cherry/Grape Tomatoes
- Handful Kale
- 5 Button Mushrooms
- 1/2 Sweet Potato
- 1-2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Salt & Pepper
- Chicken Breast
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Sriracha (of course!)
1. In a pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When oil has heated up, add minced garlic clove and thinly sliced red onion. Cook until onion is translucent. Then add cherry/ grape tomatoes and cook tomatoes until soft enough for the juice to burst out. Add sliced mushrooms and chopped kale. Cook all together until mushrooms are well cooked. Season all with salt & pepper. Set aside.
2. Peel and dice sweet potato. Season with garlic salt. Wrap sweet potato in a damp paper towel and microwave for 3 minutes. Then mash with a fork until smooth. Set aside.
3. Season chicken with other 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook until thoroughly cooked. If the chicken sticks to the pan, this means the chicken is not ready to be flipped. Leave it alone and flip when it is ready. It should cook for approximately 5-6 minutes per side over medium heat. Let it rest on a wooden cutting board or plate for 5 minutes before cutting into strips.
4. Toast bread on the stovetop or panini press to your liking. Then spread sweet potato on one side of bread with a drizzle of Sriracha. Then add cooked veggies and top with chicken breast.