Ingredients: (1 person)
- 1 Ciabatta Bread
- Handful of Pea Sprouts
- 1/2 Tomato
- 1 Avocado
- 5 Slices of Eggplant
- 5 Slices of Zucchini
- Chipotle Aioli (Recipe for this will be on the next post)
- Smoked Paprika
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Grape Seed Oil
1. Toast the ciabatta bread in either the oven or in a panini maker like I did.
2. Make the aioli. You can find the recipe here.
3. While you have your bread toasting and the aioli in the fridge, you can start prepping the veggies. First thinly slice the eggplant into about 5 even slices. Be careful not to slice the eggplant too think nor too thin because if the eggplant is too thin it’ll burn quickly, if it is too thick it’ll take too long to cook. Do the same with the zucchini. Once you have the vegetables prepped, season the eggplant and zucchini with salt, smoked paprika and lemon pepper seasoning.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of grapeseed oil to a pan and heat over medium heat. Cook eggplant and zucchini until tender. To make sure the eggplant and zucchini are fully cooked, poke a fork into the zucchini and eggplant. If the fork goes through, the vegetables are done.
5. While the vegetables are cooking, the bread should be toasted by now, you can begin assembling the sandwich.
6. Season avocado with a pinch of salt and pepper and spread the smashed avocado onto one slice of bread. Then add the pea sprouts, thin slices of tomato, red onion and cooked eggplant and zucchini on top of the avocado. Lastly, my favorite part, the aioli. Spread the aioli on the other slice of bread and top the sandwich. Viola! You are done!